Friday, March 9, 2007

Yay A New Day

So first off, I dumped Kubuntu, it was a rough break up but after a few days of fighting I think we both new that it was coming. I mean all I wanted out of the relationship was to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and apparently all it wanted was me to learn the entire Linux language. Way to much of a commitment. So I gave Kubuntu the kick and called my ex-girlfriend Windows XP up and had her settle back in. I still am not that big of a fan of that windows gal but at least she lets me play UT2004 whenever I god damn feel like it.

Onto other things...I found a new website called Virb. Basically its myspace or facebook, or myspace and facebooks offspring that offers the best of both worlds. I started my profile yesterday and have been working on it since. At first I wasnt too sure about it, but the more I play around with it the more I like it. Check out my profile at www.virb.com/matt4tw. Seriously though, its pretty customizable, but at the same time it can be as easy to customize or as nitty gritty difficult as you want. The music player is neat, and I like the idea of playlists. A lot of the cool factors that are in Virb I have seen people put on their myspace profiles from outside sources, and addons and stuff but this is all built in which adds to the convenient factor. I dont know check it out. www.virb.com


I also bought the new Relient K cd, Five score and seven years ago. I wasnt going to because money has been a little tighter lately but I had been looking forward to it for some time, and everytime I walked by a cd store it got to me a little more and then finally I just picked up a copy at Target for 10 bucks. So far I like it a lot, I tossed some of their songs on my playlist on virb so check it out there if you want.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

F Linux dude. Too much work. I checked out this Virb site you're talking about; I immediately like it because at the top there's a 'remove customizations' button. And apparently you can use an RSS feed for your blog? That's sounds pretty sweet, so you can just use your Blogger blog for your Virb (that sounds odd...).

It does really look like a child of Facebook and Myspace. Looks pretty sweet, although I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge into another such site quite yet.