Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Apple Gets Me Again!

It all started back in the fall of maybe 2005, an innocent trip to buy a mp3 player. I in fact refused to buy an iPod at the time, as I wanted to not give in to the conformity apple had in the mp3 market. I had planned on buying an iRiver or something like that. I called various best buys to find one in stock, the midland branch apparently had two coming in on a truck friday night. I rounded up my friend Zach Fitzgerald and headed to midland. After arriving we checked out the various mp3 players, noticed the size of the iRiver and then decided, screw that I am just going to get an iPod, and I did. Happy in my purchase I ran home to try out my new toy. No sooner then setting foot in the door I learned that they were coming out with iPods with colored screens sometime in the next month. NOOOOOO! It was alright, I dealt with it, and continued to use my plain iPod with its monochrome screen or whatever you call it.


Some time passes, a year or so in fact. A few friends were pretty heavy into macs and the more I talked to them the more interested I became. I soon had my eye on an Apple Macbook. I drooled over this little laptop for a good half year waiting for a chance to get one. Finally I ordered a beautiful black macbook, after about a week it arrived on my door step and I was infatuated with it. The following day I check in on apple.com, and to my surprise they revamped the macbooks to give them a slightly better processor and twice as much ram, (mine came with 512, the new ones come with 1g) Oh Snap! Apple got me again.

Honestly, I must not be informed enough or something. At that point I decided to try and keep as up to date with apple as I could to avoid any further mistakes like this. I watched the macworld keynote address several times, read every random apple rumor that comes across digg, and finally I decided to iPod shop again. Being a little more active now, I decided I wanted an iPod that I could easily wear around no matter what I was doing. I loved the size of the generation 2 shuffles and decided that was the route I was going to go. I ordered my tiny piece of happiness and it arrived yesterday. Today I check apple.com, and guess what? The iPod Shuffle now comes in colors. Science damn you Apple. You have done it again. Even though I am pretty sure I would of ordered the silver one anyways, it still makes me laugh a little inside at myself.

6 comments:

Adam J. said...

that's totaly amazing! poor matt dude.

I kind of wish I had a color one though, but oh well.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me! Seriously man, you have some bad luck or karma or something...lol. It kinda makes me nervous about getting an ipod now :/ . I better do some research.

Aubrey said...

Can you email me when you are going to order something from Apple? I always like to know when new things are coming out. :D

Unknown said...

Dude welcome to the wonderful world of Apple Inc. They are very secretive about when parts are going to be released. I have been f*ed over with my iMac a few times as well. But hey even if it isn't the most "to date" they have out there. It is still a kick ass apple product that won't break every other day like PCs do.

Unknown said...

Yikes dude. Yikes. FYI, MacRumors has a buyers guide that keeps track of these sort of things - when products are last released, and what the average time between updates is. Definitely not always accurate, but better than a kick in the junk.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

PolishWonder said...

Yeah you got hosed, huh!